Would you like to have perfect skin just in time for the holidays? We all want to look fantastic as the cameras go off during holiday parties and events but it’s the time of year our skin often looks the worst. The combination of stress, lack of sleep, lots of sugary snacks, colder and dryer weather can make this the most challenging time of year to keep the sparkle in your eye and the radiant glow of your skin.
Luckily, there is a way to be your best for the holidays! With a little preplanning and the right skincare protocol, you’ll twinkle like the tinsel.
Now is the time to start! You’re invited to join us on the road to an undeniable holiday glow. We’re breaking down the steps you should take each week and some products which will help to amplify your results.
Week 1: PREP
This first week, we’ll prep your skin to be ready for more cellular turn over and active treatments. If you put in the effort and time to prepare, your skin is much less likely to experience any dramatic drying or peeling while still soaking in the benefits of the active treatments to follow.
Your steps during Prep week:
- Wash every morning and night with Rejuvenating Cleanser. Gently massage a pea-sized amount of cleanser into damp skin and rinse thoroughly. Remember: this is a concentrated cleanser, so a little goes a long way.
- Every evening, wipe a Glycolic Skin Brightening Pad. You’ll want to apply to clean skin by wiping outwards towards the hairline. Avoid the eye contour and do not rinse. These pads can also be used on the neck and decollate. Serums and moisturizers may be applied after application. And be sure to use a natural sunscreen or environmental protectant in the A.M.
- In the evening apply Brightening Serum followed by Rescue Cream.
In the morning apply Tinted Moisturizer with SPF. Apply an even layer to exposed skin in the A.M. You can use it alone or as a makeup primer! Reapply as often as needed to keep skin protected.
Weeks 2 through 7:
- Wash your face every morning and evening with Rejuvenating Cleanser.
Twice a week apply Fusion Peel. This is a treatment is highly effective. We suggest that you ease into adding it to your routine.
- For the first week, leave on for 1 minute. Then, rinse with water and continue with the evening protocol.
- During each of the next weeks, gradually increase the time Fusion Peel is active on your face. We suggest you increase by 1 minute each week.
- Remember: If skin becomes too dry, we advise that you cut back to 1x per week.
- Every morning: apply Hyaluronic Acid Serum and Prickly Pear Daily Moisturizer with SPF.
- Every evening apply Brightening Serum followed by hydrating Rescue Cream.
Week 8: (Or, the final week before your holiday party or event.)
- DO NOT use Fusion Peel this week!
- We want to really highlight your glow, so switch to Life Force Serum followed by Deep Hydration Night Cream to complete your evening skincare routine.
- Pro Tip: Go ahead and use Deep Hydration Night Cream as an overnight mask! To mask up, apply a layer of cream, let it sink into the skin for 5 minutes and apply another thin layer. Continue layering until it no longer sinks into the skin. When you’re at this point, finish with one final layer that will remain on top of skin. Leave on overnight and wash face in the morning.
1 day before event:
Infuse Pumpkin Enzyme Mask into the mix. Apply and keep it on for 5 minutes before getting back to your evening protocol.
You did it! After glowing through your event and collecting all the compliments, return to your regular skincare routine. To maintain that glow, follow the Fusion Peel and Overnight Mask skincare protocol for one week each month during the winter months.
You should know this by now, but please remember to keep out of sun during these protocols and always wear a mineral sunscreen, like Tinted Moisturizer. It will give you an extra bit of coverage and add to your holiday glow!